Saturday, March 22, 2008

links from rss feeds

Well I have been exploring some of my rss feeds. I have deleted some that I initially had. I actually subscribed to them by category rather than individual sites and some were just a waste of space. I can see benefits to some libraries who have the time to devote to maintaining relevance, but in a small one person branch there just never seems to be enough time. I will probably search out some sites which will keep me in touch with library doings and which I can check out at home. Small branches tend to be a little isolating and insular. I regularly keep in touch with my co branch worker at Wang library and more recently we both work one shift a week at our main library which allows us to be more in touch with stock, staff and all other comings and goings.
I am finding that coming out of my computer comfort zone is generating lots of ideas. As well as Learning 2.0 I am studying computers at our local high school. I have finished yr 11 and am currently working on yr 12 and computers for business studies.

The links below are from 2 of my rss feeds and I'm sure I'll find lots more. Check out the talent on the envelopes on the 1st link.

http://chronicle.com/free/v54/i26/26b01401.htm - this link is to a very interesting 'back-of-the-envelope' contest for a George W Bush library - some very clever 'tongue-in-cheek' entries.

http://13c4.wordpress.com/2007/02/24/50-reasons-not-to-change/ - an interesting word document using callouts with 50 reasons not to change

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

It does take a while to sort out what is useful in RSS and what is not - but it is really easy to change subscriptions.

Ellen