Saturday, March 1, 2008

krazykat

I have uploaded an image of my cat (Krazykat). As you can see he has a tale to tell. The short version is that he got up inside the motor of my 4wd Maverick on a cold winter's day. A nasty sounding crunch and a trip to the vet resulted in half a tail. I use his name as my online persona because it's easy to remember. I had to resize the image as the first time I tried it was too large and took too much time. My camera saves images at 10 megapixels so I used paint and reduced the image until it was only 167 kb in size.

Last night for leap year some of the staff from our regional library met for dinner at our local Chinese restaurant and followed that up with a visit to the Portland Art Purchase Show. There were some interesting works on display, with the trend of recent years being towards realism. Previous years had a fair proportion of abstract works, but in a small country town the realistic works obviously sell better.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

KrazyKat looks gorgeous.
It's great feel like you know what's happening in other areas and libraries. I feel a little more in touch already.

Leannne